Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lazy Summer Afternoon

The family spent this Sunday afternoon taking a nap and all was quiet.  So, I enjoyed the time in my creative space.

The season of splashing in a pool, playing in the sprinklers and walking by the lake.  It's all about finding a way to cool ourselves off from the heat of the summer.

One afternoon I was watching my friend's daughter swimming in the pool.   She was swimming with fins on her feet and was so graceful under the water.  My friend said she has had a love of mermaids, lately.  I admire those that are comfortable in the water.  I don't fear the water, but it's not a favorite place for me.  I don't swim very well.

The mermaid is such a graceful and mysterious creature.   I was inspired to create a mermaid on canvas.
I still need to finish her up, but she's coming along nicely.  Come back to see her finished up.





No comments:

Post a Comment